In a significant development, the Uttar Pradesh Excise Minister, Shri Nitin Agarwal, unveiled the state’s new progressive excise policy, receiving approval from the Yogi cabinet. The Excise Policy(आबकारी नीति 2024-25) for the fiscal year 2024-25 has been officially sanctioned.
Key Highlights of the UP Excise Policy 2024-25:
- Modernization of Liquor Outlets: During today’s cabinet meeting, approval was granted for the modernization of liquor outlets, accompanied by an increase in the prices of alcoholic beverages.
- Affordable Country Liquor: Consumers of country liquor in the year 2024-25 can expect a reduction in prices, making alcohol more affordable, especially based on grain-derived alcohol.
- Microbreweries and Expensive Beer: Beer enthusiasts should note that premium prices may be applicable to beer from microbreweries. This move aims to regulate the beer market.
- Wider Availability of Wine and ALB (Extra Neutral Alcohol): Wine and Extra Neutral Alcohol (ALB) will now be made available in a broader spectrum, catering to diverse consumer preferences.
- Beer Permits for Beer Consumers: Beer consumers will have the option to enjoy their favorite brew not only in beer shops but also within designated permit rooms near these outlets.
- Inter-District Licensing for BII (Brewer, Importer, and Bottler) License Holders: Those holding Brewer, Importer, and Bottler (BII) licenses from outside the state can now obtain licenses in other districts within Uttar Pradesh.
- Promotion of Tourism at Alcohol Production Sites: In a bid to boost tourism, facilities for tourists will be introduced at beer, liquor, and wine production sites starting next year.
This comprehensive and progressive excise policy is poised to bring about notable changes in the liquor industry in Uttar Pradesh, affecting pricing, accessibility, and overall consumer experience. Stay tuned for further updates on the implementation and impact of this policy.