Delhi-based alcoholic beverage manufacturer Rock & Storm Distilleries Pvt. Ltd. is poised to expand its pan-India presence with an investment of ₹100 crore over the next three to four years. The company plans to utilize this internally accrued capital to enter new markets such as Uttar Pradesh, Karnataka, and Rajasthan by 2024, as stated by Vinay Khare, its director.

To fuel its growth trajectory, Rock & Storm Distilleries intends to establish its own malt plant with a capacity of 6,000 liters per day alongside a new production unit. Additionally, the company plans to set up its maiden ethanol and extra neutral alcohol (ENA) plant. Currently, the company sells nearly 10 lakh cases annually.

By 2025, the company envisions entering Maharashtra, Haryana, and Jharkhand. Currently, Rock & Storm Distilleries has a presence in Delhi, Punjab, Uttarakhand, Chandigarh, and Telangana, along with the CSD canteen services of 21 states. The company also exports its products to Rwanda, Kenya, and Australia.

Khare further revealed that Rock & Storm Distilleries, which currently boasts a portfolio of 11 brands, will focus on developing more premium spirits. The company has also established a bottling tie-up in Jammu and set up a new plant in Telangana.

“We also ventured into the premium whisky domain around 2019 with the introduction of the Barents brand of whisky. Interestingly though, India’s whisky market is largely characterized by affordability, with as much as 85% of whisky sales coming from bottles priced under ₹1,000. This indicates a trend towards accessible consumption,” Khare elaborated. Whisky currently accounts for about 80% of the company’s production and sales, while the remaining 20% comprises rum, vodka, gin, and brandy.

Rock & Storm Distilleries has achieved cumulative revenue of about ₹2,500 crore in the past five years. After experiencing degrowth in FY21 and FY22 due to the pandemic, the company reported net revenue from operations of ₹152.9 crore in FY23 and anticipates closing FY24 at ₹175 crore, Khare added.

According to the International Spirits & Wines Association of India (ISWAI), India’s alcoholic beverage industry is rapidly expanding and is projected to reach $64 billion over the next five years. The industry is currently valued at an estimated $52.4 billion, representing approximately 2% of India’s GDP. This translates to a market value of ₹3.9 lakh crore, including country liquor. Several factors are driving this growth, including rising disposable incomes, increasing urbanization, better access to products, premiumization trends, and a growing young consumer base.