The sugar industry is a significant global employment generator. 80% of the sugar produced is derived from the sugarcane crop. Sugarcane cultivation and processing currently provide livelihoods for more than 100 million people across the world. Owing to the large number of resources which go into cultivation of the crop, the phenomena of Voluntary Sustainability Standards has gained ground across the world in the last decade. Many food & beverage companies, the segment being the largest consumer of sugar, have committed to VSS compliant sugarcane procurement to reduce their carbon & water footprint.
The Govt of India has recently amended the definition of sugar factory to include a factory set up to make only ethanol or spirit from sugarcane. Also, the target to attain 20% blending under the EBP has been extended to 2025.
With this background, the Confederation of Indian Industry is organizing this edition of CII Sugartech 2021 with the theme “Sustainability, Innovation, Technology” . The three-day summit shall focus on:
- Sustainability of the Sugar Industry
- Ethanol blending in India
- Impact of farm equipments in sugar cultivation
- Technology for disruption in sugar & allied sectors
- Global markets: demand & supply analysis
- Role of finance to offset financial risks in the sector
- Farmers Session: Sharing new developments with the growers
Click on the below image to register-